Sg. Setiu River Mouth Improvement Project, Terengganu, MALAYSIA
Improvement works in the form of dredging and provision of structures to stabilise the Setiu river mouth is to be carried out. A fish landing complex is also to be constructed to cater for the growing fishermen population.
The scope of work included:
- Collect, collate and review relevant data necessary for the design and modelling works. The data included wind, tides, currents, bed sediments, water quality, surveys, and soil investigation;
- Identify various river mouth improvement alternatives;
- Conduct a hydraulic study using numerical models to assess effectiveness and impacts of the improvement works on the hydraulic regime and select the most suitable option;
- Determine environmental parameters for the detailed design;
- Perform detailed design for the river mouth improvement works and fish landing complex;
- Carry out an EIA, formulate an EMP and perform monitoring works;
- Identify and perform detailed design for access road design and other amenities;
- Prepare the necessary technical drawings, specifications and contract documents; and
- Construction supervision.